James has more than 25 years’ experience as an advocate, adviser, solicitor and barrister. He worked as industrial relations practitioner in the Department of Defence and as a specialist industrial relations advocate for the Department of Workplace Relations. James also worked in private practice specialising in representing both employers and employees in employment law, contract disputes and administrative law. He joined the ACT Bar in 2012 and now practises as a member of Blackburn Chambers.
James is a competitive sailor whose enthusiasm has been with modest success, so far.
- Re Metal, Engineering and Associated Industries Award 1998 (2000) 110 IR 247 (Metals Casuals case)
- CPSU v Employment National Limited S Print R2508  AIRC 198
- Gibbs v Embassy of Mexico  FWAFB 5840
- Project Coordination (Australia) Pty Ltd  FWCA 455
- Hoyle v University of Canberra  FWC 6743
- El-Debel v Secretary, Department of Immigration and Border Protection  FCA 474