Mark was called to the Bar in 1994 and appointed Senior Counsel in 2015. His areas of practice include general litigation, commercial disputes, contract, tort, medical negligence, professional negligence, insurance law and coronial proceedings.
Mark has a particular interest in factual disputes, evidence, causation, statutory causes of action such as TPA s52 / ACC s18, collateral source recoveries and suggesting practical solutions to “interesting” legal problems.
Other interests include family, surfing, swimming, marine and terrestrial wildlife.
- Leda Commercial Properties Pty Ltd v Brenda Hungerford Pty Ltd  ACTCA 17
- Read v Burns  ACTSC 184
- Hobson v Northern Sydney Local Health District  NSWSC 589
- Tuggeranong Town Centre Pty Ltd v Brenda Hungerford Pty Ltd (No 2)  ACTSC 88
- Europa International Pty Ltd v Child  NSWSC 923
- Mark Walsh SC, Newcastle Law Society CPD Seminar: Professional Skills Case Theory, February 2018
- Mark Walsh SC, Litigation Master Class Seminar: Pillars of Litigation—Case Theory July 2016
- Mark Walsh SC, Litigation Masterclass Seminar: Proof—substantive and procedural considerations, 2013
- Mark Walsh SC, Time and Money (2011) 34 Australian Bar Review 325
- Mark Walsh SC, Commercial Litigation Seminar: Digital Evidence (UNSW 2011)
- Mark Walsh SC, Litigation Masterclass Seminar: Pillars of Litigation (UNSW 2009)
- Mark Walsh SC, Litigation Masterclass: Correcting Error (UNSW 2007)