Peter Woulfe is one of Australia’s foremost Commonwealth workers compensation barristers, regularly appearing in the Federal Court and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
Peter also regularly appears in most other courts and tribunals. He has a diverse and varied range of practice, including administrative law, civil matters, Defence, insurance, industrial and employment law.
Peter is the Deputy Chair of the Federal Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section of the Law Council of Australia. He is the Chair of the Commonwealth Compensation and Employment Law Committee.
In 2018, Peter was recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Barrister in the ACT.
Called to the Bar
Master of Laws (ANU)
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Social Science
02 6130 0573
Common law / Personal injury
Equity and trusts
Inquests and inquiries
Public / Administrative law
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission v May (2016) 257 CLR 468
- Comcare v Drinkwater  FCAFC 62
- Comcare v Wuth  FCAFC 13
- Comcare v Farrell (2016) 250 FCR 432
- Smith v Comcare (2015) 65 AAR 288
- Portors v Comcare  FCA 914
- Novosel v Comcare  FCA 722
- Bis Industries Ltd v Dale  FCA 789
- Ringshaug v Comcare (No 2)  FCA 349
- Chun v Comcare (2013) 209 FCR 399
- Re Buttigieg and Comcare  AATA 1002
- Re Dawson and Comcare (2013) 138 ALD 430