Ian has particular expertise in employment law, commercial law, equity and trusts, tax law, and wills and estates.
Ian was called to the Bar in 2020. He began his career as a solicitor at Gilbert + Tobin and was a tipstaff in the Equity Division of the NSW Supreme Court.
Ian has been recognised in Doyle’s Guide in multiple categories in 2022 and 2023.
Called to the Bar
Admitted to Practice
BCom (Melbourne Uni, Honours), JD (Melbourne Uni, Honours)
02 6247 7923
Equity and trusts
Inquests and inquiries
Public / Administrative law
Revenue and tax law
Wills and Estates
- Brown v Brown-Pavier  NSWSC 537 (led by Peter King)
- Zapari Property Coombs Pty Ltd v Commissioner for ACT Revenue  ACTSC 189 (led by Philip Walker SC)
- Moore v Moore  ACTMC 7
- Pandya v Sethi & Ors (SC 477 of 2021)
- Riis v Hayes & Anor (SC 308 of 2021)
- Simonds v 3 Property Group 9 Pty Ltd (SC 390 of 2021)
- Caldwell v NDIA (AAT 1498 of 2020)
- Chaleune v Devic (XD 928 of 2020)